“The New iPad” was officially launched by Apple yesterday. Most of the reviews were overwhealmingly positive, but some tech writers question whether or not the new features are worth iPad 1 and 2 owners to trade up.
Some of the top features of the new iPad:
- Apple Retina Display - 2048×1536 screen resolution
- Apple’s Updated iOS 5.1 software
- 4G Wireless Capability
- 5 Megapixel iSight Camera
- HD Video Recording in full 1080p
- Flash Storage for instant “Touch and Go” power on and off capability
- Dictaition capability – Talk into text
- Smart Cover – Magnetic snaps snug into place
- Apple Air Play compadability to sync to your TV
With the tablet market continuing to grow, Apple also announced that they will continue to manufacter and sell the older version of the iPad, or “iPad 2” at a discounted price of $399. To get into the latest and greatest model, be ready to spend anywhere between $499-$829 depending on memory options of 16GB up to 64GB.
Will you get “The New iPad?”